Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Light Writing

One New Years Eve our neighbors had some fireworks they were going to shoot off. I decided to take my camera out and get some pictures. I figured it was a good time to play around with some night settings and use my tripod. Once I got the ISO and shutter speed adjusted right it was a lot of fun. I also used a cable shutter release to keep them from getting to blurry.




Then one of the neighbors mentioned something about sparklers and a light bulb went off. Lately I have seen a lot of posts and tutorial of light writing. You basically take something like a sparkler and set your camera on bulb and leave the shutter open for an amount of time and move the object around. You can write names or hearts or just about anything. ( Click Here for a how to) Here are some of the pictures we were able to take, again using the tripod and the cable shutter realease.



And my favorite (it reminds me of magic ) we had all the kids run around for this one.



It is very fun and I can not wait to play with this more. Unfortunately we ran out of sparklers once we really got the hang of it. But this is a fun one.

No comments:

Post a Comment