Sunday, January 8, 2012

Bokeh Filter Fun

I recently ordered a bokeh filter set from Photojojo for $25. I thought this would be fun to have around the holidays with all of the twinkling Christmas lights. For those who may not know a bokeh filter will put a shape around all of the blurred lights in the back round. They are really neat and fun. For those who may not want to buy, you can also make your own ( click here to see how to do that). The filter goes over the lens and you just click away. The larger the aperture (smaller number = larger aperture) the better. With my new 50mm f/1.8, it would  be perfect. Here are some of the pictures I got using the filters.




Its very fun and I think could look really pretty at a wedding.  The kit I bought had many different filters that you can use. My favorites so far are the hearts, butterflies, and bird.





The kit also gave me a couple of "blank" ones that I could stamp my own design into if I wanted. Its a very fun little extra to play around with and for only $25 I thought it was worth the cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment