Sunday, September 16, 2012

Self Portrait (monthly challenge) #1

So I hate being in front of the camera. I feel akward and am never happy with how I look in pictures. This is the exact opposite of how I feel behind the camera. I had a random thought that being uncomfortable in front of the camera may in turn hold me back from being the best photographer that I can be. Many of the photographers that I admire and take inspiration from put themselves in front of the lens all the time. There work is remarkable and awe inspiring. (Check them our here- Elle Moss and Heather Evan Smith ).
So I have decided to give myself a monthly challenge, force myself to get more comfortable in front of the camera and hopefully this will help boost my experience, creativity, and confidence behinde the camera. So once a month I will be doing a self portrait session, and posting it here. Feel free to check it out and I am open to feedback.

Post #1- Got some new backdrops and decided when better to start! Granted my hair is not done and I am not wearing any makeup (which I normally don't and am not really sure the correct way to apply anyways, hehe). So its very raw and I now feel the need to purchase a wireless remote for my camera to get better focus (another thing added to my wish list, Santa) as well as learn how to put makeup on. Hope you enjoy and thanks for reading!





No comments:

Post a Comment