Thursday, March 1, 2012

Weekly Challenge #5 Calendar

Okay so this challenge got away from me and I was not able to finish. It was to make a calendar out of pictures. SO with a few bumps in the road around our House I got half way done and decided to skip it and move on to the technical stuff once more. But I will show you what I got done.


So there is my half done calendar. Alan was trying to give me a break from the technical stuff and let em get artsy (something he is not the into), so once I told him I was getting my art fix from my 30 day challenges, we both agrees to move on, so onto the next challenge which deals with white balance. But before that we have-

Alan's Tip of The Week
Depth-of-field is the span of acceptable sharpness that extends fore and aft
of the point focused upon. The zone of depth-of-field is not split down the
middle, it extends, from the point focuses upon, further away from the
camera then it does towards the camera. As a rule-of-thumb, depth-of-field
extends 2/3 away and 1/2 back towards the camera.
The apertures (f/numbers)
f/1 almost no depth-of-field (not found on the average lens
f/1.4 a large aperture shallow depth-of-field allows picture taking under
very dim conditons
f/2 a large aperture, depth-of-field zone expands a little
f/2.8 moderately large depth-of-field continues to expand
f/4 good for portraits depth-of-field shallow enough to allow eyes and ears
in focus
f/5.6 also good for portraits likely the most common aperture for
portraiture.
f/8 now the zone of depth-of-field is expanded
f/16 setting used on the Kodak Brownie because everything in focus from 3
feet to infinity (infinity written as sideways 8 thus∞
f/22 tiny near maximum depth-of-field used for landscapes etc.
f/32 super tiny super depth-of-field

No comments:

Post a Comment